An Idaho man loses seven teeth and left with second degree burns following smoking vape explodes in his face on Saturday.
Andrew Hall, 30, was getting ready for work when his vape pen burst out in his face, according to his social media account’s post.
Due to the explosion, the 30-year-old man suffers dental damage and also got second degree burns to his cheek.
Following the incident, Hall is recovering in the ICU of a hospital in Pocatello, Idaho, and even shared pictures online to warn others.
Explosion of vape in smokers’ mouth have been reported several times online and mainstream media across the globe.
Furthermore, after the explosion, the smoking vape shattered into pieces in his mouth, knocking out his teeth and burning his face and neck along with smoke marks to the wall of his bathroom, where he was at the time.
The 30-year-old car salesman shared photographs of his injuries from the intensive care unit of a hospital to warn other smokers how dangerous the electronic cigarettes can be.
‘Yesterday morning I was getting ready for work when I had something happen to me that I didn’t expect possible.” Hall said on his Facebook post.
‘I Vape (I know, terrible and uncool) but I no longer do and I hope to possible sway those that do to maybe reevaluate or find other methods of smoking.” he continued.
‘I’ve been doing this for about a year now and assure you I did not do anything I wasn’t supposed to (battery was in right, always had the shop put it together when I first bought it and add things and maintenance it the right way while taking their advice) but it exploded in my face.” Hall narrated.
‘I’ve lost at least 7 teeth, 2nd degree burns to face and neck and have been pulling chunks of plastic, teeth and foreign objects from mouth, throat and lips,’ he told Facebook friends.
Hall, who has three children, shared several photographs of his injuries and of the damage to his home done by the explosion following accusation of fabricating a story.
Based on his shared photos, shows blast from the explosion was so damaging it caused Mr Hall’s bathroom sink to shatter.
Meanwhile, several skeptics claimed he had ‘faked’ the incident and that the damage was exaggerated.
‘The torch marks are on the wall and roof are continuations from my face. Also the explosion downward broke my sink. I’m interested in the same comments from certain people to see what kind words you have to say now,’ he said.
As of posting, it is not clear which model Hall was smoking. He claims he had it put together by staff at the vape store where he bought it.
He is not the first to suffer serious burns or facial injuries from exploding electronic cigarettes.
In February, a Kentucky man was left with second degree burns to his leg after his device exploded in his pocket.
Another from Texas sued the vape shop where he bought the product after suffering similar injuries.
A New York man had his tongue split in two when his vape pen exploded in his mouth while he was smoking it.
In 2015, a Colorado student broke his neck and several of the bones in his face in a similar incident.
Recently, Food and Drug Administration announced a two-day workshop in April where it will investigate the risk of utilizing electronic cigarettes.
A reported 66 cases of exploding devices were reported to it between 2015 and 2016.
With the rampant and increasing cases, the FDA is holding a two-day workshop in April to look into the dangers associated with vaping after receiving reports of dozens of exploding devices