A Tokyo court has granted former Nissan executive Carlos Ghosn bail set at 500 million yen ($4.5m; £3.5m), paving the way for his release from custody.
The former Nissan boss faces four charges in Japan over allegations of financial misconduct.
It will be the second time Ghosn, who denies any wrongdoing, has been released on bail.
Last month, the 65-year-old was initially freed, then re-arrested on 4 April on a fresh charge.
Prosecutors appealed the court’s decision to grant bail, but Japan’s public broadcaster NHK said he could be released “as early as Thursday”.
However, earlier this week his lawyers have said that they will applied the bail following the executive’s breach of trust case.
That indictment relates to allegations that the auto boss made a multi-million-dollar payment to a Nissan distributor in Oman, and that as much as $5m was funnelled to an account controlled by Ghosn.
He had previously been charged over allegations he under-reported his salary and sought to shift personal losses to Nissan.
As of posting, no details on the conditions of his bail were immediately given, but his movements and access to communications are expected to be limited.