The political chaos in Venezuela continues with another development, and now the top opposition official facing travel ban from the country’s high court.
The move comes amid an escalating power struggle, after Juan Guaidó declared himself interim president last week.
He has been backed by the US and other countries. President Nicolás Maduro has major allies too, including Russia.
The opposition has asked supporters to take part in a two-hour peaceful protest on Wednesday.
It is as yet unclear if Guaidó will attend.
Meanwhile, a group of North and South American countries has opposed any outside military involvement in the country.
Peru’s foreign minister Nestor Popolizio said the Lima Group – a 14-country body including Canada set up in 2017 to find a peaceful solution to the crisis in Venezuela – was opposed to “military intervention”.
US officials have stated that all options to resolve the crisis “are on the table”.
Venezuela has been facing acute economic problems and there has been an upsurge in violence in recent weeks.
Protests have been held across the country since Maduro began his second term on 10 January.
He was elected last year during a controversial vote in which many opposition candidates were barred from running, or jailed.
At least 40 people are believed to have died and hundreds have been arrested since 21 January, the UN says.
The court decision comes shortly after the US said it had handed control of Venezuela’s US bank accounts to Guaidó, whom it now regards as the country’s legitimate president.
US National Security Adviser John Bolton responded with a tweet warning of “serious consequences for those who attempt to subvert democracy and harm Guaidó”.